Who we are
Our website address is: https://corden.co.ke.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
PRIVATE PROPERTY CORDEN REAL ESTATE LTD
- Corden Real Estate Ltd (“CREL”) owns and operates the website which can be accessed at www.corden.co.ke (“the Website”)
- COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You can use the Website to access various services (“Services”) offered by CREL.
- To provide you with these Services, CREL may require you, or any third party, to provide it with certain Personal Information. CREL may also use Personal Information to compile the Website. This Personal Information must be provided to CREL to enable it to provide the Website and/or the Services.
- CREL may also ask you to provide information that is not required to provide Services to you, but will assist in enhancing those Services, such as personal or professional interests. Such information is provided voluntarily and is not necessary to enable CREL to provide the Services to you.
- By accessing and using the Website, you agree that CREL may at any time and without further reference to you:
- collect, receive and record from any source, collate, store, update, modify, disseminate and otherwise use your Personal Information in any manner and in any form, reasonably required to enable CREL to provide the Services to you, and for any reasonably related purpose;
- store your Personal Information in any format and in any database hosted anywhere in the world, for as long as CRELconsiders it necessary for the aforementioned purposes, and thereafter destroy or de-identify your Personal Information;
- Use your Personal Information to contact you for market research purposes or to provide you with marketing information CREL thinks would be of particular interest.
- You may at any time request CREL not to contact you or to object to CREL using your Personal Information for any particular purpose. You may also lodge a complaint with the OFFICE OF DATA PROTECTION COMMISSIONER established in terms of THE DATA PROTECTION LAW, 2018 regarding CREL’s use of your Personal Information.
- You are entitled, at any stage, to opt out of receiving any marketing or promotional material by clicking on the “unsubscribe” option on email correspondence. This will redirect you to the unsubscribe page where you will be able to unsubscribe from the communication you received.
- THIRD PARTY ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- CREL does not permit any third party to collect, use or store any of your Personal Information for purposes unrelated to the purpose for which it is provided by CREL, or permitted by law.
- Although CREL takes reasonable steps to ensure that third parties with whom CREL shares your Personal Information treat it with the same degree of care as CREL does, CREL does not have any direct control over the manner in which such persons use and/or store your Personal Information.
- You agree that CREL is not liable for any loss or damage which you suffer as a result of the manner in which a third party accesses, uses and/or stores your Personal Information, except to the extent that such loss or damage is directly related to a grossly negligent or intentional and unlawful act or omission of CREL or any of its shareholders, directors, officers, employees, subcontractors and/or agents (collectively “Personnel”).
- If CREL elects to sell its business, you agree that CREL may freely transfer your Personal Information to the purchaser thereof. You agree that you will not have any claim against CREL and/or its Personnel arising from or as a consequence of the sale by CREL of its business to a third party.
- Unless CREL has your prior written consent or is required by law, CREL will not otherwise sell, rent, lease or disclose your Personal Information to any third party.
- YOUR ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- CREL will on request, provide you with access to your Personal Information which CREL holds so that you may view, update, delete and/or correct it.
- You can access your Personal Information via the Website or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To protect your privacy and security, CREL will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or enabling you to make updates, deletions or corrections.
- INFORMATION SECURITY
- To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of your Personal Information, CREL has put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial safeguards and procedures to secure your Personal Information.
- The Website will automatically back up all of your Personal Information and other data (collectively Data) on a daily basis.
- If any of your Data is accessed without authorisation, or corrupted, lost or damaged in any way, CREL will do what is reasonably possible to restore the corrupted, lost or damaged Data from the latest back up of such Data.
- You acknowledge that it is possible for web-based communications to be intercepted by third parties. Although CREL takes all reasonable steps to ensure that your Data is secure, treated in the strictest confidence and is only accessible by the intended persons, except to the extent that your Data is accessed without authorisation, or corrupted, lost or damaged in any way due to any grossly negligent or intentional and unlawful act or omission of CREL and/or its Personnel, CREL and its Personnel will not be liable for any loss or damage which you may suffer as a result of any unauthorised access to, or the corruption, loss of or damage to your Data.
- CREL will do all that is reasonably necessary to ensure, but cannot warrant, that information which you acquire from CREL via the Website or otherwise, is true and correct and/or free of infections, viruses, worms, Trojan horses and other contaminating and/or destructive code. You must do what is necessary to ensure that contaminating and/or destructive code is not transferred to your computer system and lost or corrupted data is reconstructed.
- The Website may use “cookies” to track your preferences. A cookie is a small piece of information which enables the Website to identify you and personalize your visit to the Website by personalizing web pages for you.
- By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies in relation to the Website, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. You can personalize your browser settings by using the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. If you modify your browser preferences in relation to cookies, this may reduce the functionality of the Website.
- CREL may allow third parties to either display advertising on the Website or to manage its advertising on other sites. Such third party may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on the Website and other sites in order to provide you with advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. To opt out of this, please email email@example.com
- LOG FILES
You agree that CREL may gather certain information automatically and store it in log files, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
- CREL and its Personnel do not have any control over the nature or content of any website to which you may gain access through a hyperlink contained on the Website and are not liable to you for any loss, damages, costs, claims or expenses of any nature due to your use of any such hyperlinked website.
- ECTA DISCLOSURES
CRELis required in terms of the KENYA INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS ACT,CHAPTER 411A Revised Edition 2015  Published by the National Council for Law Reporting with the Authority of the Attorney-General www.kenyalaw . (the ECTA) to inform you of the following:
- Corden Real Estate Ltd is a private company with registration number PVT/2016?019661, registered as such with The Office of the Attorney General and Department of Justice in terms of The Companies Act, 2015 . Its physical address is YTL (Tigoni Centre 1st Floor Ngara Rd, and its place of registration is Kenya. CREL will accept the service of all notices and legal process at the physical address indicated above.
- CREL can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The directors of CREL are Gideon Wainaina and Leonard Munyi
- The terms and conditions on which CREL supplies services, service fees and the method of payment are available at www.corden.co.ke/terms-and-conditions .
- Any queries or complaints relating to the services and products supplied by CREL or the use of the Website can be emailed to email@example.com .